Monday, March 3, 2008

Snow White and chaos preview!!

This next piece is my first real attempt at oil painting since High School, and I am in love. In the last few years I have become what you could call a "digital" artist. Although there were always thoughts of going back to my traditional roots, it was hard to pick up a brush and just go at it. Now I'm not sure I ever want to put down the brush in favour of my tablet pen ever again. Ahh, c'est l'amour.

Those of you who know me may also be familiar with my not so secret wish to be a fairytale princess. I can already imagine my wedding dress; a big puffy gown with equally puffy sleeves, maybe a pair of wings too?

"Forbidden Fruit" is my depiction of Snow White. It is a play on the Garden of Eden and the story of Eve with a special appearance by the Queen as the serpent. To be quite honest, I would eat the apple too. :)






8 comments:

Jinny Liang said...

Your latest paintings are beautiful Elise! I love how your snow white turned out! I can't wait to see it in person~~ and I'm really looking forward to your year's grad show :)

Lainey said...

those are gorgeous!! elise of course i want a copy. i'll give you the money when i see u in a few weeks ^^

Chanp said...

haha u're welcomeeee

it was funn

Ken said...

Wow beautiful work you have here! Ill be back for more!

Elise Trinh said...

jinny - thanks!! ya i hope everyone comes

lainey - okay aweeesome

peter - i hope $1 an hour wasn't too little for you -_- i'm a starving artist

ken - thanks~!!!! your blog is really good wow

Hyein Lee said...

Beautiful paintings Elise..
You are so talented!
That snowwhite is so beautiful and innocent looking.

Unknown said...

awsomenesssssssss!!!

Big A said...

Hey Elise! I checked out your site and blog after picking up your card from AX '08. I think your art is REALLY good...you were definitely one of the better ones (suited to my taste) at the convention. Sorry I ran out of cash by the time I got to the artist alley (went there last day) so I couldn't purchase anything but I will be following your blog and work. Hope to see you at future Anime/Asian events in California. I'm from the Bay Area (SF).